27 November, 2008

A Letter to Bill Simmons

Dear Bill,

Hope this finds you well. By way of introduction, I am yet another NBA fans from the other part of the world - Asia.

Am scratching my heads after reading your recent article (26/11/2008) in ESPN, regarding Point 9. And I quote directly below.

"9. Is there a dumber argument in sports than "Chris Paul or Deron Williams"?

I argued before the season, passionately, that Paul was in a different league and earned myself a few death threats from the Salt Lake City area. (You stay classy, Utah.) Check out their 2009 stats through four weeks:

Paul: 20.5 PPG, 12.2 APG, 2.9 steals, 52.3% FG, 85.6% FT.
Williams: 7.5 PPG, 8.0 APG, 0.0 steals, 26.7% FG, 66.7% FT.

I mean, that's a landslide! Come on! Can we all agree to stop arguing about this?"


I won't argue with your conclusion - "Paul was in a different league". Everyone could have their opinion and I give full respect to that.

And you try to use the most objective statistics to re-inforce your point, which is alright too.

But, I hope you are aware that the numbers of D Will is from the two games he played this season, with a perhaps-80% ankle? Would recommend you to re-visit the numbers at the end of the regular season, so that we could have a more statistically reliable data to compare.

Last but not least, we are on the same page, let's stop this "CP3 vs D Will" discussion, and wait for the season-end stats + winning records to speak for itself.

Have a nice Thanksgiving holiday.

Warm regards,

Another Jazz Fans in Asia

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites